I understand that disappointment is the result of unmet expectations. As such, when I'm disappointed I like to re-examine my expectations to make sure they were realistic in the first place. That way, I can avoid similar disappointment in the future. Sometimes I expect too much of people, but sometimes people just aren't cool at all. As my good friend Kristina put it; "Fuck me once, shame on me. Fuck me twice... oh wait."
Nevermind. I'll leave it at that.
The headaches I had anticipated having from my new contacts were actually worse than I had anticipated; I wore them from 2pm to about 8pm before they became unbearable and I had to take them out. The optician guy did warn that I should ease into it. It sure is exciting to see without glasses; I was reading every sign on the bus like a first-grader who just learned how to read.
In a superhuman effort to not be in a bad mood today, I share this video. It's impossible to be bummed when raccoons are so awesome.
- Hey @Patrick_Macias and @Moldilox! I'm looking for a press contact for Crunchyroll's Junji Ito collection for Rue M… https://t.co/8NMCrp7BZB about 20 hours ago
- So everyone knew about an impending Dune remake? Were you afraid to tell me? https://t.co/kPwCjdNmVt 11:28:47 PM January 18, 2018
- RT @DrunkBobo: #12ozMouse of course! https://t.co/xhwz68FXBG 07:57:15 AM January 18, 2018
- Work days trump birthdays for this old bat, but the well-wishings were very nice. Thank you! https://t.co/irqauDqPkI 07:47:29 PM January 17, 2018
- Work days trump birthdays for this old bat, but the well-wishings were very nice. Thank you! https://t.co/yVGY4yXqKE 07:41:38 PM January 17, 2018
- @BookishPlinko @popshifter @ScareAlex https://t.co/jo2jWVZO9Z 07:27:52 PM January 17, 2018 in reply to BookishPlinko