Since I’ve only been blogging for less than a year, revealing 7 factoids that my blog doesn’t yet know should be a cinch. Let’s see if I can dredge up anything interesting;
- I eat meat, and am not apologetic about it. I eat it because I like its taste, and because I have no moral qualms with adhering to the food chain. However, this does not mean that I condone unnecessarily cruel meat-processing practices. Au contraire. I really resent being made to feel like a bad/immoral person because of this personal choice, or that my love for my cat is somehow hypocritical.
- I have never been off the North American continent. Unless Mexico counts… that’s not South America, is it?
- I am terrible at geography.
- I have a weakness for musicals and rock operas. Jesus Christ Superstar is my all-time favorite, but I also love Tommy, Moulin Rouge, Chicago… all that good stuff. But I didn’t really like Rent. Go figure.
- I decline my vote to denote my disatisfaction with all the candidates and the voting system. Its not the same as not voting; it’s showing up at the polls, registering, and declining. I think that people who don’t like any candidates and vote for “the lesser of evils” are doing the system harm.
- I am on good terms with my parents, who are still together and living in Ottawa. They have embraced retirement and travel the world every winter. Last year was Portugal. I simultaneously envy and respect them for their lifetimes of hard work and their ability to enjoy life.
- I have a cat! Her name is Felicity and I’ve had her for about 12 years. She was a stray for a year, so her age is lucky 13; old for a cat, but she’s in reasonably good health. She is, however, rather overweight. I’ve always thought this stemmed from her having been a stray; she still doesn’t trust that food will always be available, so she overeats? It’s my theory. I love her to bits. I’m aware that she’s not a spring chicken anymore (nor was ever a chicken at all), so here’s a small tribute.